As the date for the exam is not given, the candidates are not preparing seriously and 4 lakh members may write the exam. To get success in this exam, it is better to prepare seriously from the beginning only.
General studies important subjects:
The questions asked in the exam are mainly from the 6,7,8,9 chapters. Few questions will be in the top level and the Telugu academy competitive books will be useful.
The physical science books from 6th to 10th classes help and the new developments in the science and technology are important.
The graduation level books are important and the previous question papers help a lot.
The preparation of previous question papers is helpful and the books based on the mental ability in the market should be studied.
Paper Extent Preparation process Attainable marks
Paper 1 (general studies) Extendable medium level preparation 110 – 120
Paper 2 (politics + AP history) Up to some extent Medium level 130-140
Paper 3 (Indian, AP economy) More More preparation 115 -125
The candidates should practice the previous question papers and test papers for more time. By preparing the APPSC previous question papers, they can attempt 30 to 40 questions exactly.
* Due to some reasons, few people won’t get grip on the subject. They should be tensed and they should prepare with confidence and systematically.
* They should divide the time by 70:30 ratio.
* They should prepare the topics which can be scored easily in 70% of the time.
There is another option:
When there is a short period of time, they can follow the below tips.
* They should get 90% marks in the mental ability and current affairs.
* The questions are Indian geography can be attempted and we should concentrate on the planetary system.
* They should combine the economics and politics with current affairs.
* They should prepare the test papers and previous question papers in the 30% of the time.
In next 7 days:
* They should concentrate on the important topics.
* They should concentrate on all the topics in every subject.
* They should keep concentration on the current affairs and mental ability.
* If they have own notes, they should revise it or they should stick to only one book.
* They should read the known topics only.
* They should concentrate on the inner topics also.
* They should not spend time for searching new topics.
* They should not practice the question papers.
Last two days:
* They should concentrate on the subject which they feel they don’t have grip.
* They should prepare physically and mentally for the exam.
* They should believe in themselves and they should not discuss with the friends.
As the group exams are not conducted in a proper schedule like the civils, many students are quitting these exams. Patience is very important for the government posts and those who entered the groups now can get irritation. Almost all the group exams are conducted by postponing them and so the candidates should prepare with patience and expectation. By thinking they waiting is a part of the exam, the stress can be reduced. They should prepare mentally also and they need to have patience and expectation.
Mental preparation is also important:
* They should not feel that the preparation is not done properly or they did not prepare. They should just keep on going whatever happens.
* They should not think that the exam will be tuff and they prepare the APPSC, UPSC exam papers with normal level questions. Only few questions will be difficult.
* They should remember that many people are attempting the exam along with tem and they should prepare seriously. They should remember that the candidates write group 1 prelims for practice. And few candidates are only selected for mains.
* They should concentrate on the prelims and prepare. They should not prepare for the mains.
* This is not the time for group discussions and it will be wastage of time.
Main topics according to the subject wise:
Geography: Planetary system, Indian geography, Andhra Pradesh geography
General science: Changes in the humans, animal species and origin, digestive system, breathing process, diseases and modern technology.
Indian history : Indian history, sultans, independence fight, satavahanas, kakatiyas, vijayanagara kings struggle for Andhra Pradesh.
Politics: Rights, central and state ministries, central and state working departments, political departments.
Current affairs: The changes in the national and international affairs from October 2009 to till exam date announcement.
Economy: 2010-11 budget details, rural development, census, economic survey etc. changes in the seed and oil departments.
Mental ability: Based on the candidate ability, they should concentrate on the topics.