The Best of All Awards has been won by
- Vikram Cement Works (A unit of Ultratech Cement Limited),
- Khor, Madhya Pradesh.
- Ashok Leyland Limited, Bhandara,
- Maharashtra (Large Scale Manufacturing Industry);
- Kudale Instruments Private Limited, Pune, Maharashtra (Small Scale Manufacturing Industry);
- Chaitanya Hospital, Chandigarh, Punjab (Small Scale Service Industry).
About The Award:
- Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award was instituted by the Bureau of Indian Standards in 1991.
- With a view to encouraging Indian manufacturing and service organizations to strive for excellence and giving special recognition to those who are considered to be the leaders of quality movement in India.
- The award has been named after our Late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, recognizing the new thrust he had given to the quality movement in India so that India could move into 21st Century with pride.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award is an annual feature on the basis of financial year. The 2008 award will be considered for results achieved by the organization from 1 April 2007 to 31 March 2008.
Benefits to the Applicant Organization:
- It will enable the organization to assess its own level of commitment to quality. It will also indicate the extent to which this commitment is being deployed through every level of the organization and in all areas of activities.
- Further, after the process of self assessment is completed, the organization will be in a position to analyze its strengths and weaknesses.