Prerna is responsible for parenthood strategy. It is monetary incentive strategy aimed at pushing up the age of marriage of girls and delay the birth of the first child.
(2) National Rural Health Mission:-Launched in April 2005 the mission seeks to provide universal access to equitable, affordable and quality health care which is accountable and at the same time responsible to the needs of the people.
- It also aims to achieve the goals set out under the national policy and the millennium development goals during the mission period.
(3) Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna:-Launched by ministry of labour & employment, govt of India to provide health insurance coverage for BPL families.
- Beneficiaries are entitled to hospitalization coverage up to Rs 30,000 for most of the disease that require hospitalization.
(4) National Food Security Mission:-Sponsored scheme launched in august 2007.
- Objective is to increased production and productivity of wheat, rice and pulses.
(5) 15 Point Programme:-In Oct 2009 govt decided to include 3 more schemes in the Prime minister’s new 15 point programme for the welfare of minorities.
Those are: -
- National rural drinking water programme.
- Urban infrastructure developed scheme for small and medium town.
- Urban infrastructure and governance scheme.
(6) Bharat Nirman Yojna:- It is a time bound business plan for action in rural infrastructure .Under Bharat nirman , action was proposed in the areas of:-
- Rural housing.
- Rural water supply.
- Rural electrification.
- Rural telecommunication connectivity.
(7) National Mission On Education:-It is a mission in which education is provide through information and communication technology. “SAKSHAT” one stop education portal was launched on Oct 30, 2006 by the president of India.
- Head of National knowledge commission:- Sam Pitroda.
(8) Right To Education Act 2009:- Article 21-(A), as inserted by the constitution (86th Amendment Act) 2002, provides for free and compulsory education of all children in the age group of 6 to 14 years as a fundamental rights. Consequently the parliament has enacted this in April 2009.
(a) Free and compulsory education 6 to 14 age group.
(b) Will apply to all India except J&K.
(c) Provide for 25% reservation for economically disadvantaged communities in admission in private school.
(d) A child who completes elementary education (up to class 8) shall be awarded a certificate.
(9) Female Literacy:- It is a scheme to provide education & related facilities to ST Students launched by ministry of tribal affairs in December 11, 2009.
(10) Anil Kakodkar Committee on reforms in IITS:- it will suggest reforms to make these elite institutions a global brand.
(11) Yashpal Committee Report:- It was set up in 2008 for higher education and research.
- It has suggested the scrapping of all higher education regulatory /monitoring bodies and creation of a super regulation.
- It also recommended that the deemed university status be abandoned and that all deserving universities be either converted into full fledged universities or scrapped.
(12) National Rural Livelihood Mission:- Ministry of rural development and panchyati raj proposed to restructure the existing swarnjayanti gram swarojgar yojana into rural livelihood mission to have a focused approach to rural poverty eradication in a time bound manner.
- Objective is to reduce poverty among rural BPL by promoting diversified and gainful self employment and wage employment opportunities which would lead to an appreciable increase in sustainable basis.
(13) NREGA Renamed After Mahatma Gandhi:- On Oct 2, 2009 Government has changed the name of National Rural Employment guarantee Act to Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment guarantee Act.
(14) Chandra Sheker Panel:- on the recomandation of a committee headed by cabinet secretary K.M Chander shaker. Centre had increased the pension for retired service man.
(15) Rajiv Awas Yojna:- Ministry of housing and urban poverty alleviation had launched the housing project called the Rajiv awas yojna for slum dwellers and the urban poor.
- Aimed at making India slum free in the next five years.